C.O.O.K.I.E.S - DevPro Clan Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 65 on Sat 10 Apr 2021 - 3:53

TCG-Banlist predictions for September 2014

4 posters

Go down

TCG-Banlist predictions for September 2014 Empty TCG-Banlist predictions for September 2014

Post by FB09 Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 6:21

TCG-Banlist predictions for September 2014 6b410f5f13
Hey Cookie-community,

As you maybe already know, the OCGs limit regulation got revealed a few days ago ( http://www.ygorganization.com/ocg-forbidden-and-limited-list-pics/ ), so sooner or later we are also going to get the TCG changes revealed. If you don't know, this is the current state of the Forbidden & Limited List on TCG-side: http://www.yugioh-card.com/uk/limited/

What are your hopes and wishes or your predictions for the TCG limit regulations? I will start and list a few changes I am looking forward to:

Forbidden ( Cards that are "Forbidden" cannot be used in your Main Deck, Extra Deck, or Side Deck. )

• Wiretap - The most generic way to stop any trap from resolving even countertraps as it is one by itself. Not only its spellspeed but the fact that it has no cost makes this card superior. We already have Seven tools of the Bandit wich is a more fair card.

Limited ( 1 copy maximum of a "Limited" card in your Main Deck, Extra Deck, and Side Deck combined. )

• Summoner Monk - Summons Infernity Archfiend, Madolche Anjelly, Satellarknight Deneb and other strong lvl 4 monsters too easy and too generally from the Deck at a cost wich is really easy to pay for the most decks.
  • Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss - This card takes Tour Guide From the Underworld to a whole new level. While limited, it is still able to get recycled and abused in a more fair way than it is right now.
  • Vanity's Emptiness - Needless to say, the very best Trap Card in the format. Decks that rely on special summons often autoloose to this card as long as they got no removal.
  • Sinister Shadow Games - Basicly 3 more copies of an evolved Foolish Burial. I can't see this card at 3 while its weaker (even though more generic) counterpart is limited to 1.
  • Soul Charge - Obvious Reasons. It's way too strong early game and too gamechanging as a generic topdeck. I don't feel like seeing it banned completly I guess 1 copy is totally fine.
  • Stygian Dirge - Another Sidedeck-wincondition where you either scoop for removal or simply give up against. It mostly hits Synchro- and Xyz-based Decks and does little to f.e. Fusion-based Decks or Decks like Monarchs, who don't care too much about the level, but I'm tired of seeing "flip dirge, gg?" duels.

Semi-Limited ( 2 copies maximum of a "Limited" card in your Main Deck, Extra Deck, and Side Deck combined. )

• Coach Soldier Wolfbark - Even though it is basicly searchable and its searcher is searchable thanks to Brofist Bear and Gorilla, I'm not comfortable with seeing Satellarknight Altair at 3 while this card is limited. Beast-Warrior Decks haven't done anything over the format (gtfo F.A.T, you don't count!) and I'd like to give it another chance.
  • Compulsory Evacuation Device Giving you an easy advantage over your opponent if he summons f.e. a Synchro- or Xyz-monster while using alot of resource. Well, todays Monsters are so floaty and replacing themselves it now barely gives you a +-0 out of it.
  • Soul Drain - This card looses all its purpose as a sidedeck choice as it is Limited to 1. It's not reliable enough and even though Skill drain hurts way more decks than Soul drain does, there is only a single copy allowed to use of Soul Drain.

No Longer Limited

• Sacred Swords of Seven Stars - Dragon Rulers are the main reason this card got limited to 1. Now, while there is only 4 copies of Dragon Rulers left, 3 copies of this card wont hurt anyone. I feel like this card could do a great performance in lower-tier Decks f.e. Harpies, Mecha Phantom Beasts, Mermails, etc.
  • Bottomless Trap Hole - No, I didn't miss out how Myrmeleo searched this card out for days in H.A.T Decks, but this card doesn't do much on its own, especially in a format where everything basicly pays for itself and replaces it with another card. Not even H.A.T is going to run more than 1, maybe 2 copies of it, noone would care about this being no longer limited anyways. It also helps alot against careless Pendulum-Summons.

TCG-Banlist predictions for September 2014 6b410f5f13
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Tell me about your thoughts on the upcoming banlist! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
~FB09
FB09
FB09
Admin
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 8
Bewertung : 0

https://ygocookies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TCG-Banlist predictions for September 2014 Empty Re: TCG-Banlist predictions for September 2014

Post by SuperMoogle345 Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 9:31

hmm my guess is that shaddolls will get hit in some way, just like how they did in the new OCG ban list.
Maybe either the fusion spell will get limited (since it can be recycled), or the fusions themselves.

~Manthie

EDIT: I think that skill drain should be limited because most decks now rely on monster effects, such as Satellarknights, Shaddolls, Madolche etc etc

I would also like it if Glow up Bulb wasn't banned anymore, in the new format the only deck it would benefit is maybe yang-zing so I don't see why it's banned.. Also if they're releasing necloth of trishula then would it make more sense to bring Trishie back?

Last edited by SuperMoogle345 on Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 1:20; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : reading ama's post made me remember skill drain plus i remembered some more :P)
SuperMoogle345
SuperMoogle345

Anzahl der Beiträge : 69
Bewertung : 3

Back to top Go down

TCG-Banlist predictions for September 2014 Empty Re: TCG-Banlist predictions for September 2014

Post by Amaranthine Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 10:35

I think ima bring in my own opinion there. So, we know the 3 decks that are the best currently are Satellaknights, Shadolls and Tour Guide.dek, since they topped the most and were played more than anything else. They will be hit in some way, shape or form because else Konami would just be kinda stupid lol. Also i see some things coming back because the game advanced quite a bit. But let's start now:

• Limit Stellarknight Deneb / Altair: Basically they are the whole deck. Hitting the first will affect consistency, hitting the latter will affect the potency of the combos. One of'em definetely should be limited.

• Limit Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss: see FB09s post.

• Limit/Ban Soul Charge: Charge makes ridiculous pluses, is the best topdeck in the game and can be abused in so many ways. Either limit or ban.

• Limit/Semi Limit Sinister Shadow Games: Speeds up the deck, allows to go plus, can be chained, is very reactive and can change the course of the game. Though i don't play it in my build, it is definetely worthy to be limited.

• Limit/Ban Skill Drain: The Card is just unfair at 3 when decks can abuse it, namely Dark World, Yang Zing and the outcoming Qliphorts. Imo it deserves to be banned, but that's not gonna happen.

• Limit Elemental Hero Stratos: It's by far worse than Shadow Mist, so why would it be banned?

• Unlimit Super Rejuvenation: E-Dragons are dead, no other dragon deck is strong atm. That card will do nothing, and it does nothing.

• Semi Limit Thunder King Rai-Oh: Everyone forgot about it, it can be at 2 again, not worthy to be limited anymore.

• Limit Rescue Cat: Bring X-Sabers baaack!! No srsly, it can come back, it's not good enough anymore to be banned.

• Limit Heavy Storm: It has to come back imo. It returning will make the game more skillful and more tense, 'cause set 5 pass isn't really what a duel should be like.

• Unlimit Gladiator Beast Bestiari: "Gladiator Beast". Nothing else to say there.
Amaranthine
Amaranthine

Anzahl der Beiträge : 24
Bewertung : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by FB09 Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 12:48

Hitting either Deneb or Altair feels way too overkill in my opinion. The only Tellaknght card that I'd considered being hit is their Trapcard that lets them draw after resolving.
FB09
FB09
Admin
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 8
Bewertung : 0

https://ygocookies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaranthine Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 13:46

Hitting the trap won't change the deck. While it is strong, it is not what makes the deck how it is. It will still be summon Deneb add Altair set 5 if those don't change. Charge being banned/limited and Deneb/Altair Semi'd or limited would make it kinda fair.
Amaranthine
Amaranthine

Anzahl der Beiträge : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Discord96 Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 0:42

Forbidden

Nothing

Limited

Moraltach - Your time to shine is over, just leave
Deneb - probably won't happen but i think hitting Deneb would make the deck a bit more fair
Thousand Eyes Restrict - Personal wish but come on, bring it back Konami
Soul Charge - Should have released as a limited car in the first place
Sinister Shadow Games - no OPT clause makes this card just stupid

Semi-Limited

Wolfbark - Altair exsits, bring him back to 2 pls
Bestiari - Gyzarus Spam would result in giving your opponent more plusses (BA and Shaddoll)
Gale - why is he still limited?
Book of Moon - very flexible card, give it a try Konami
Compulse - Persoal favorite Trap Card, but very unlikely to rise from 1

no longer on the List

Mermail Abyssgunde - unnecessary Mermail hit is unnecessary
Deep Sea Diva - why is this limited in the first place?

Discord96

Anzahl der Beiträge : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down